Passing Blood In The Urine
- Some food such as beetroot, certain drugs may stain the urine to orange colour but urine examination will not show any red blood corpuscles (RBC).
- Blood in the urine can be painful or painless. Many times patient sees the blood in the urine (Macroscopic).
Sometimes it is detected only by routine laboratory examination (Microscopichaematuria).
- Both types of heamaturia are to be taken seriously and even one episode of haematuria needs complete evaluation to assess the cause and treat it.
- Cancer is the common cause of haematuria in persons over the age of 50 years.
Causes Of Heamaturia are :
- Obstruction in the urinary tract
- Enlargement Of Prostate